Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

iphone case

I had seen a cute iPhone case in a Cath Kidston magazine here in Japan.

The magazine listed the measurements, so I took them down and created my own pattern (7.7 cm x 12.3 cm).

I had cut some "nicks" on the top of the pattern, but realized it would be too hard to sew, so I cut my fabric straight across.

Using some upholstery fabric that looks like a Marimekko type, I created my own iPhone case.

I think the Cath Kidson version uses velcro and oilcloth fabric, but I wanted to try making button holes for the first time, so I did just that.

What do you think?

7 comments:

Suze said...

Looks good! I think you did a great job.

K and S said...

thanks Suze, I think the next one I'll use velcro. The button was a nice challenge but it is hard to remove the case in a hurry.

Take care.
Kat

Jude said...

So sweet & creative!! I admire anyone who can sew (and you're inspiring me to try to get back on the "beading bandwagon" - I've really fallen off!)

K and S said...

Aw thanks Jude, you are too kind!

I too have definitely fallen off the beading bandwagon and must try to get back on.

Take care!
Kat

sami said...

useful post thanks....

web design
mlm software

S and O said...

That's real cute, plus it matches your blog :D

Xoxo
Sarah

K and S said...

Thanks Sami & Sarah!

Take care.
Kat